Here's a perfect easy-peasy weekend crock-pot recipe that tastes yummy, takes 5 minutes to prep, and makes the house smell amazing! Plus, it's moderately healthy and a hit
with men since it's got beer and a spicy kick ;-)
BBQ Beer Chicken Chili
(yields: 4-6 servings)
What You'll Need:
-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1 16oz can dark red kidney beans
-1 16oz can black beans
-1 small can yellow corn with red and green peppers
-1 cup BBQ sauce & 1 can beer (or, if you're lazy like me, you can buy a pre-made BBQ beer sauce like this one)
-desired amount of hot sauce/tobasco (I used about 2 tablespoons--we like it hot!)
-Old Bay seasoning (I'm from Baltimore so I add this to practically every recipe)
-red pepper flakes
-salt and pepper to taste
-rice (optional--we served ours mixed with rice for some staying power, but this chili is perfectly delicious on its own, too!)
1. Dice chicken breasts into cubes. Season with red pepper flakes and Old Bay. Brown chicken in frying pan on medium-high heat until cooked through.
2. Add kidney beans, black beans, corn, and BBQ/beer sauce to crock pot.
3. Add browned, diced chicken.
4. Stir to thoroughly mix all ingredients.
5. Add desired amount of hot sauce and more Old Bay, red pepper flakes, and salt & pepper, if desired.
6. Stir all ingredients.
7. Set crock-pot/slow-cooker to low heat.
8. Cook for 6-8 hours on low (or 4-5 hours on high).
9. Ladle into bowls, add rice if desired, serve, and enjoy!
That's it! It's so simple, and so very delicious.