Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Special Anniversary

One year ago today, I went on an awkward first date with a cute guy I met at the corner bar.

I tripped over a pole on our way into the restaurant. I was so nervous I could barely eat, and I didn't know what to do.

But then, we started talking...and the conversation just flowed. And so we stayed at the restaurant for hours...and then went to a local bar for some drinks...and more conversation.

One year later, and that random guy and I are living together, in love, and building a life. I have never been happier, and every day with him is better than the last. Now that I have experienced the feeling of being truly, wholly comfortable and in (real) love with someone, and feeling like they are a part of you that you finally found, I realize how much I was missing.

I don't necessarily think you need a significant other (boyfriend/girlfriend) to be happy and content in this world. And I don't even necessarily believe in "soul mates", at least not in the traditional sense. If I am being honest, I'd have to say my best friend Brooke is my "soul mate" in many ways.

But I do think that life is nothing without love, in whatever form. And I am so incredibly lucky to have found a man who is always there to dry my tears, ease my pain, and share my joys.


One year later, and we are heading to that same restaurant tonight to re-live our first date--but this time, maybe I won't trip on our way in ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...