Friday, July 11, 2014

Movin' On Up

To....

A new home!!! 


That's right--we bought a house!!!

We settle and move in less than a month from now! I feel like it all happened so fast, but also so slow. We've been browsing the internet for 6+ months, then found a real estate agent and looked at several homes over the course of a month or two. Then there are contracts, counter-offers, inspections, loan applications, home insurance quotes, and the list goes on. I knew buying a house was complicated, but I didn't realize just how complicated--and stressful--it would be.

Either way, it is all worth it. We are moving back to the town where I grew up. We will be about 15 minutes from my parents (about an hour from Sean's mom, which will be an adjustment since we used to be close to her house) and 5 minutes from my best friend's house! I am very very excited to start our life together in our very first home! (Well, Sean owns a rental house in Baltimore City, but this is my first home purchase and our first major joint purchase, so it's exciting nonetheless).

The house is a bit outdated in terms of fixtures and appliances, but it's in great shape, is spacious, and has an awesome covered deck and yard out back. We love the neighborhood and can picture living there for years to come with our children (if we are blessed with children, that is). And maybe a puppy first...just to see how it goes.

In other news, my best friend since birth is HAVING A BABY today. Talk about things coming full circle. I'll be sure to post an update once the baby is born (and of course, not without her permission!).

Have a fantastic weekend, friends!

3 comments:

  1. So much exciting news! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I can understand your excitement, as this is your first home purchase. The entire process, although stressful and complicated, must had paid off in the end, since you were able to close the deal with no worries. Anyway, I hope you and Sean get to settle in nicely in your new home. Take care!

    Leonard George @ RE/MAX Crest Realty Westside

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...