This year I am thankful for:
1. my family. without their love, patience, & support, I would not be where I am today.
2. friends (this includes bloggers!). providing comfort, hope, & laughter, my friends keep me sane.
3. my home. i am incredibly lucky to have a roof over my head, nice clothes & belongings, and food.
there are so many people who don't have these simple luxuries, and i am so very grateful for
what i do have.
4. treatment. without my therapists, doctors, & members of group therapy, i would be in a much
darker, more dangerous place. i am so thankful that i sought help when i did.
5. my pets. hailey, my 11-year-old black lab, is very sick and may have to be put to sleep soon. i am
sad but i am grateful that she has had a great life and provided comfort & friendship to me. i'm
also grateful for my kitty, boomer, who never ceases to amuse (and sometimes annoy!) me, and
claude monet, my "recovery" fish that i bought this past june.
6. my health and life. this past year has been a roller coaster of a ride, and i cringe at some of the
memories of my darkest ED moments. however, i am fully on the path to recovery, and am doing
SO much better right now. i still struggle daily, but i am getting stronger and healthier, & i am
incredibly lucky to be alive. i am finally finding joy in life again, & am fighting my ED so that i can
live the fullest, most complete life imaginable.
There are so many other things I could list, but I'm going to cut this post short now. I am watching the
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with my family, having a quiet dinner with my parents, and then
heading to my best friend's house for dessert (which I will actually partake in!!!). What are you all doing