Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Blogging from Birdie's

So, I wonder if I am becoming an official blog-maniac--I am currently blogging via WiFi in a cafe in my town.

Last night, a pretty severe thunderstorm hit my town and knocked out the internet at our house. So, I used it as an excuse to come to this new coffee shop in town and blog!

Birdie's Cafe is the name of the place, but I've actually known this building for YEARS. You see, there used to be this adorable cafe called the Pour House that we would all come to in high school. There were open mic nights, singer/songwriters, and an outdoor patio. It was always a cool place to chill.

But then, a few years ago, with the recession and everything, the Pour House sadly closed. It was vacant for awhile, until about a month ago! This is my first time in here, but the new owners have kept a lot of the same style and calm atmosphere of it. And the menu is similar too! Yay...perhaps I've found a new hangout...and a place to blog when my internet is kaputz.

So, I also ran into a guy named Jeff who was a senior in high school when I was a freshman. Haven't seen him in awhile, but he is lookin' GOOD. haha. He actually approached me first and gave me a hug and remembered my name, so I guess that's a good sign.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your awesome advice about the whole P situation, and for the encouragement about my recent breakup. I am confident in my decision to end things with B, even though it is a difficult thing to handle. I've been on both ends of a breakup, and I can say that both are painful.

As for P in Japan, I'm just going to keep my options open and let things ride. We have been emailing and chatting, and I'm just going to continue to see what happens. Maybe we'll meet up over the holidays for a real date, and I can see if he is worth holding on to. For now, a flirtatious email friendship will have to suffice.

Also, thanks for entering my giveaway! And remember, you have until Friday at 9pm EST to enter. So leave a comment on this post with your thoughts/advice on long-distance relationships and whether or not they work. That's all you have to do, and a $40 gift card to use at over 200 online stores could be yours.

*note: this is only open to Canadian and U.S. residents, sorry!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...