Friday, December 7, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip “Cake” Muffins

As you all know, I am a big fan of using cake mix in baked goods, mostly because it saves time, money, and energy (I'll be the first to admit I'm a lazy baker).

So, when Thanksgiving rolled around and S and I had two family dinners to attend, I knew I wanted to contribute something festive, but that wouldn't take a lot of effort.

Yellow cake mix and canned pumpkin to the rescue!

Here's what I came up with...


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip “Cake” Muffins

1 box yellow cake mix (I used Pillsbury)
1 15 ounce canned pumpkin (I used Libby’s)
½ cup water
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 whole egg
2 12-cupcake pans

Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Stir until batter is mixed completely with no lumps.

Line cupcake pan with liners or spray generously with cooking spray. Fill each about halfway.

Bake at 350* for ~20 minutes or until tops are golden.


Yields approx. 20 tasty cupcakes!


These would also be yummy with cream cheese icing.

Enjoy! And I promise that's the last of the pumpkin recipes you will see on this blog...until my next craving hits! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...