Monday, December 3, 2012

Where the hello have I been?!

Ok, ok, so I doubt very many people keep up with my blog anymore since it has been so sporadic and  inconsistent for the past year or so.

I always prooomise that I am going to post X amount of times per week, and I even make a "blogging schedule" for myself...and then life gets in the way.

So, I wanted to at least pop in to say that I haven't been blogging much because I've been going through a LOT of changes in my personal and professional life.

Such as...

-Moving into a new apartment in a new town (but with the same guy, of course--he's here for the long haul)

-Quitting my job (That post was written when I first got the position...but it started to really wear on my emotionally and I was downright unhappy towards the end. I have no ill will for any of my coworkers or supervisors--they were all incredible!--and I learned so much there. However, it was time to move on).

-Instead, I am now a full-time nanny. Wait...what? How is this a "professional" career change, you ask? Well, quite frankly...it's sort of not. But the right position with a fantastic family fell into my lap, in a gorgeous area and decent pay, and I went for it. Why am I doing this, you ask? Because...

-I applied and have been accepted into Graduate School! Beginning in the Spring 2013 semester, I will be studying at Towson University for my Master of Science in Human Resources Development. I am really excited about it. I will be taking two night classes on Mondays and Wednesdays, and the great thing about my new nanny job is the flexibility with my hours (generally work 8-4 M-F) which allows me enough time to make it to evening classes, and also allows me to study during the day (while the babies are napping).

That is pretty much the big stuff. I've had a lot of family visits, including to visit my grandparents who are old and sick, and I've been more concerned with real life than with the blog.

However, I really am going to try to blog more...even if no one is reading but myself! Haha. I won't make any promises or force myself to stick to a "schedule", but I will try (at first) to blog once a week. Right now it is naptime for the kids, so I am thinking it will be easier to blog during the afternoon than at my previous job.

I hope you are all enjoying the holiday season! I'll be back soon with a couple of recipes to share--some cookies and some crock pot wonders!

And I'll leave you with a photo of Sean and I when we visited the lights on 34th street in Hampden this past Saturday:




What's your favorite holiday?

2 comments:

  1. I'm still reading! Congrats on your grad school acceptance, I'm so excited for you!!!!!! I love hearing about the exciting changes in your life since you've left your ED behind. It is truly inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! Your blog is one of my favorites too :-) Even when I'm not posting for months at a time, I am still always reading hehe

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...