Friday, October 22, 2010

My 100th Post!

It's my 100th Post!!!

I started Hot Coco(a) in the summer of 2009 after being inspired by Eating Disorder Recovery blogs as well as Healthy Living blogs. I wanted to share my own experiences in recovery, and admittedly, I really just needed a place to express my feelings when I was struggling.

In the past year and a half, I have come a looong way. Am I "recovered"? Not exactly. But am I in a stable and solid place in my recovery? Absolutely.

In fact, I am thinking of perhaps shifting the focus of my blog a bit. Instead of talking about eating disorders all the time, and the troubles anorexia has brought to my life, I want to make this blog have a more general, positive focus. Although I don't consider myself completely recovered, I feel like my eating disorder is no longer my "identity". Thus, I want this blog to be more about me and my life, rather than about my anorexia. Is my eating disorder a part of me? Yes, I think it still is, in both positive and negative ways. My experience has given me so much wisdom and appreciation for what my body can do. And yes, I still have my slip-ups and rough patches. But I am finally at a healthy weight (which I have been able to maintain while still living independently at college, getting decent grades, and working part-time!), and I finally have positive people and activities in my life that have nothing to do with my eating-disordered self.

Maybe ED still lurks in the background and rears his ugly head from time to time, but I am now strong enough and confident enough to tame that beast and go on with my day--and my life.

So, from now on, my posts will be more about my life. Yes, they will involve food, as food has (amazingly!) become a source of enjoyment and fun in my life. But the blog will also focus on the next phase of my life as I graduate from college and make my way into the real world.

**************

So, to wrap up this epic 100th post, I leave you with some photos. The first set is of me in the spring of 2009, when I was still in the throes of my eating disorder and started this blog:

******************

And the second is a series of photos of me NOW. I literally took these last night. I am proud of my new body and I want to show you that
recovery is possible
, and life is beautiful!

I hope you follow me on the next leg of journey, and I thank you for your support thus far.




7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th post and for having come such a long way.

    Keep up the good work. xx:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on how far you have come, Coco!!!! I am looking forward to reading about you and your life on the next leg of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures radiate how much strength and courage you have had through your journey! I am so proud of you for wanting to define yourself in a new way other than ED. You deserve to be defined as the other millions of amazing things that make up your being! And your current pictures of yourself are absolutely BEAUTIFUL. What makes them so breathtaking is the fact that your smile is beaming in a way that shows you're ready to live your life for YOU without ED. Don't ever loose that smile!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a little OT.. but I love your bed! pink is my fav color!

    congrats on how far you have come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy shit you look awesome :D I'm so happy to see how far you've come. When I eat out with my friends tonight and enjoy some delicious treats, I will raise a toast in your name x)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so beautiful!!! It's great seeing how far you can come isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. coco you look amazing!
    I am so happy for you and the progress you have made. you are really glowing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...