There are three rules that need to be followed on accepting this award:
1. Brag about it.
2. Select seven blogs you find brilliant and link back to them.
3. List ten honest things about yourself.
But now, on to the fun part--10 honest things about MOI! ........
1. I used to take dance (ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop, etc) intensively 6 days/week, and for awhile I really wanted to be a professional ballerina.
2. My left thumb is shorter and fatter than my right. (It is weird and ugly and has been nicknamed "Stubster" bahaha)
3. One of my favorite things about myself are my freckles. I think they make me unique.
4. I have never broken a bone or had a cavity in my entire life! (*knocks on wood*)
5. I did, however, get 14 stitches in my chin when I was 8!
6. One of my favorite childhood movies is "The Labyrinth", with David Bowie. Yes, I was/am a weird child!
7. I have known my best friend, Brooke, since I was 2. We grew up 3 houses down the street from one another and were inseperable. ED has put a strain on our relationship, but I have faith that we'll be ok.
8. My mom, as much as we butt heads sometimes, is truly one of my best friends.
9. Sometimes I get frustrated and depressed and think that full recovery is not possible.
10. Then I realize that ANYTHING is possible, especially recovery, if you dedicate yourself completely to it and never give up hope!
So anyway, I am into week 2 of the camp. The kids are younger this week--grades 3-5, and are super cute. I finally have TV and internet in my house here, so it's not TOO bad. I had a pretty bad breakdown on Sunday afternoon after yet another binge, but I called my brother and he calmed me down a lot. I honestly don't know what I'd do without him. He may not always understand the battles I face, but he is always willing to try and help me fight, and for that I love him!
Today we are teaching the kids about sentence structure and spelling and dialogue. Gotta go prepare the lesson!
OH, by the way, I bought cute white gladiator-ish sandals, and a pretty elephant charm that I put on a ribbon and made into a necklace, and 3 pairs of stud earrings. Shopping therapy works wonders :-)
Have a great day and a great week, ladies. Keep your chin up, and I promise I will too. I am home again in 2 short days and will be seeing "Julie & Julia" Friday night with my mama.
P.S. Yeah, this post keeps going. Sorry. But I just started reading the novel "Girls in Trucks", by Katie Crouch yesterday afternoon, and I CANNOT PUT IT DOWN! I'm already halfway through, which is quite a feat for a slow reader such as myself! I highly recommend this book!