Friday, February 19, 2010

Smile!

Thanks for your excitement on my last post! I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about it too. Ben and I really get along--last night we talked on the phone for an hour, and the night before it was 3 hours!--and I feel like he is my best friend and so much more. I want to still take things slow, but since we used to be best friends my freshman and sophomore years of college, it's almost like we've been dating that long!

Anyway, Ben is coming to visit me on Monday! Unfortunately he has to work all weekend, but that's ok. Monday we are going to go shopping for books (we want to start a book club and read & discuss books together), go out to lunch, and then he wants to cook dinner for my family! It's super cute.

I think things are going to go well. I don't want to jinx the situation, but I feel like this guy is...different. With other boyfriends, I always felt a sort of disconnect in some way. But this time, I feel like I am physically, mentally, and emotionally attracted to him. So, we'll see where it goes!

I also want to add a side note: I know that some of my lovely blogger friends have been having a hard time in the romance department lately, and I want you to know I totally understand. I've been there, honestly. I've spent many a lonely night crying and chastising myself for being ugly, fat, and worthless. But I am starting to realize that only once I started becoming comfortable being independent did I get more male attention. It's silly but true. Granted, I am definitely not 100% confident in myself, and my body image is less than acceptable. However, I learned to deal with things on my own and I realize that my worth is NOT dependent on a guy. Even if B and I don't work out, I know that I'll still have my #1 best friend--ME.

Have a lovely weekend, ladies. I am off to therapy, then a little shindig tonight with my Mama. Then this weekend I will probably go shopping, go to Power Yoga on Sunday (YES! I'm allowed to now!!!), work on homework, and prepare for Benjamin's arrival Monday morning! :-)

***********************

I hope you all manage to do something fun and indulgent for yourselves this weekend, whether it's girl's night, date night, or a me, myself, & i night!

3 comments:

  1. "my worth is NOT dependent on a guy."
    best linbe ever and way i admire you.
    power yoga sounds like a blast too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Aww Ben sounds so sweet, and I couldn't agree more with your thoughts on romance/things working out and what not. Amen!

    I also live in MD, by the way :)

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and inspiring post and girl...I'm so happy for you!

    xxx Julia (Taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...