Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Back to the Daily Grind

Long time, no blog!

Well, after about 18 hours of driving (round-trip), a lot of stops for coffee and fast food, and a glorious few days in North Carolina, I am finally home safe and sound!

B & I drove to his family's beach house Saturday night...and ended up sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic for hourssss. When we finally got there, we made some PB&J (speaking of which, please take a few minutes to watch this video) and called it a night...yes, it was about 7pm. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Sunday, we beached it up for a few hours in the morning. I had no idea how close their house is to the beach! They have been renting the same house for several years, and it literally is ON THE WATER. As in, the waves crash underneath the deck. As in, your bed moves at night from the water. It was scary & peaceful all at once. After we lounged on the beach for awhile, I was HOT and needed some relief, so we headed to the Wright Brothers National Museum & Memorial to learn about Orville and Wilbur Wright's first flight! I have to admit, I am such a sucker for historic landmarks and things. Good thing my boyfriend is too ;-)

Sunday night B & I had a nice dinner with his family--burgers on the grill, corn on the cobb, & salad--and then he & I had a date night to see Inception! I had no idea what to expect. It was awesome though. Seriously. Most movies I see in theaters are what I like to call "renters"--meaning they're good, but not worth $10 good. But Inception was seriously worth the $10 movie ticket! In fact, we even joked about going the next night too, it was THAT good! I won't tell you much, in case you want to see it. I think movies are always better when you go in without any preconceived notions.

Monday was another day at the beach. Lounged around in the morning on the beach, and then went to see some random sights--like this lighthouse--in the afternoon. It was hot outside but we drank lots of water. Then Monday night, B & I went to Barefoot Bernie's restaurant and I had the "grouper in a bag". Wish I had taken a picture--it literally was grouper (that's a type of fish, btw) that had been seasoned and baked in a paper bag. It came out in the bag, and I ripped it open and dug right in! On the side were steamed veggies and a huge helping of mashed potatoes. Needless to say, I was a happy camper.

Then Tuesday (yesterday) we drove home! Ben spent the night and left early this morning. Then, I babysat my sweet little boys again all day. Phew, I sure am pooped! Watching 2 boys for hours at a time gives me a new appreciation for all the mothers out there. And it makes me simultaneously nervous and excited about being a mommy someday. I haven't gotten my period regularly in over a year, though, which really worries me. I need to stop screwing around with ED and get my body healthy enough for motherhood! I know I'm only 22, but I don't want to mess with my chances!

So, overall, the vacation was pretty good. The boy and I did have a few little arguments here & there about trivial things like which directions to follow or which place to stop for food. But all in all, it was another successful trip with the boy!

I will do a photo-post soon, once I upload all the pictures. For now, I am pooped. I'm gonna have some ice cream, watch SYTYCD, and call it a night!

***************************

What is your favorite summer television show?

Even though it sometimes gets dragged out (two hours tonight!), I have to say I LOVE So You Think You Can Dance. It makes me nostalgic for my past, when I was a pre-professional ballet dancer. I have been following SYTYCD since it started a few years ago, and I am hooked.

3 comments:

  1. Fav TV show.. The Hills.. :)
    tee hee
    Oh, and The Real Housewives of OC.. and NYC

    Sounds like a pretty good vacay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you watch SYTYCD! Do you still dance on occasion or take classes?

    My favorite TV show is definitely Entourage on HBO. I aspire to be more like the main character, Vincent Chase. He has enough confidence in himself to not care about what others think, and he goes the extra mile to make his friends and family his number one priority. Plus, it's just hilarious!

    Take care!

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound like you had a great time and I'm glad for you and so proud of you as well:)

    xxx Julia (Taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...