Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Workin' Girl!

Good afternoon, bloggies!

My oh my, I feel like it has been forever since my last post! Or maybe it's just that it seems like a lot of exciting stuff has happened.

As the title of my post suggests, I have started working at my new job as an Enumerator for the U.S. Census Bureau for the 2010 Census! Well--so far I have just done training, which is this week from 3:30 to 9:30 at night. Exhausting, but kind of fun, and I am getting paid a decent sum PLUS gas mileage/travel time, so I really can't complain! I was also chosen to be trained as a fingerprinter, and I fingerprinted my fellow Enumerators on Monday. I felt so official, and I was really proud of myself!

The only drawback to the night training, besides the fact that I'm missing some of my TV shows, is that I have to eat dinner at training. We only get 30 mins (sometimes even less!), so most people pack their meals. However, there is NO fridge OR microwave. Therefore, I have been trying to stick to my weight-gain goals by packing high-cal options that are easy to transport and won't spoil in my lunchbox--PB & J, granola bars, juice boxes, etc.

So this morning I had another weigh-in, and I am only up one more pound. I am a bit disappointed because I know that part of it is my eating disorder holding me back. I know I could be challenging myself more, but sometimes in the moment, ED holds me back. But I am still trying to keep my goals in mind. I'm afraid that I won't gain enough weight by the middle of May and therefore won't be able to take my trip to visit my brother in San Diego. I really am going to work even harder this week to make it happen!

This weekend, I am heading to SU for Spring Weekend, which is basically a fun free event on campus with blow-up obstacle courses, free t-shirts and goodies, an outdoor barbecue, and live music. I am excited but also nervous to see people again. I always feel like I'm an intruder in my own apartment when I'm there, mostly because I think it's awkward for everyone! But I will be seeing the boy, which I am super stoked about!

Have a lovely rest of the week and weekend, and I'll post again as soon as time allows :-)

2 comments:

  1. keep chuggin on the weight gain girl. with the job, use it as determination to get healthy. you need the weight gaiin for both your job performance AND your trip. have faith in trusting yourself!!! have fun with the boy on the spring fling thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on the job and I think challenging yourself all the time is important for you. It's not always nice or easy, but you're right: you can't let it hold you back.
    So stay strong, pack some extra dried fruits and chocolate bars at work and make San Diego come true!:)

    xxx Julia (Taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...